… and then nothing but disappointment. That pretty much describes this podcast. Really there is some interesting stuff discussed somewhere in there, but to get to it, you have to listen to me talking. Sorry about that, but it is the way of things.
On the upside, you do get to hear my wife talking about this stuff as well, so you got that going for you. Which is nice.
Of course throughout the entire podcast I never introduce her properly, (and in fact, I don’t even use her name once) so let me get this out of the way: World, say hello to Pam. Pam, this is the world.
So what’s this thing about, you ask? Ah, you didn’t read my earlier post on this did you? Well, perhaps you can be excused for that… it’s been almost a month since I posted it after all. (“Soon” is a relative term, you know.) I got busy, sorry. I also got frustrated, hungry, and tired during that time, but none of that is relevant, really. The point is it took a while to get this up, and if I got your hopes up that there would be any quality involved here, sorry about that.
In fact, when I posted my “Coming Soon” post, a friend of mine wrote back: “And that’s when Caddickisms jumped the shark.” He may be right, but I got back at him. I did it anyway.
The specific topics in the podcast this time are varied. Here’s a list of the topics we covered, so you can go and do more research on your own:
- Free Room/Garden/etc layout tool
- Free Internet Parental Controls methods
- EO DAS jet fighter defense systems for the F-35
- Star Wars uber-fanboy story
- Doctor Who: everything you need to know in one poster
- George the Evil Black Suit (also known as Venom) forced to do good… for now
- Spider-man’s new costume for movie reboot
- Highlander reboot
- Nathan Fillion will NOT bring back Firefly (but you can send me money anyway)
- We talked about The Cape and The Event, too.
- Bar Karma – community-developed TV
- Tron: Uprising trailer
- Some talk about Stargate: Universe
- Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 3D gets 2012 release date
- Sixth Sense vs. Unbreakable and random M. Night Shyamalan comments
You may notice that this podcast starts with some music. Anyone who can tell me the television show it originally comes from (i.e., for which it was written) will be entered into a drawing for a prize. You must leave a comment on the blog, and I’ll pick a name at random from all correct entries. The prize will be something completely mundane, but hey… free stuff, right?
[UPDATE: Ack! I just realized I broke my own contest rules by revealing the answer with the first correct guess and not waiting until we could have a drawing! Sorry to all of you who also knew the answer but haven't commented yet.
So to extend the contest a bit I'll ask this question: list at least two shows/films that we discussed in the podcast that are not listed in the bullet list above. Then I'll do a drawing from that list.]
So, with no further delay… check out the podcast!Tags: Caddickisms, doctor who, firefly, free, Gizmo, highlander, movie, nathan fillion, phantom menace, QYDJ, SciFi, Spider-Man, star wars, Stargate, The Event, tidbabsh, tron